Call For Presentations
The American Society of Cytopathology Scientific Program Committee is pleased to issue a Call for Presentations for the 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting to be held at the Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix, Arizona, November 10-13, 2017.
Submission Deadline is 11:59 pm, Eastern Time, Monday, January 23, 2017.
As part of a continuing effort to promote the exchange of information among cytopathology professionals, the ASC sponsors our Annual Scientific Meeting, which is known for its educational value and networking opportunities and will include outstanding scientific session presentations, networking events and technical exhibitors.
In creating a presentation proposal, the needs and interests of attendees should be considered. A wide variety of topics are welcome, and these can cover common as well as specialized areas of knowledge.
The following practice gaps have been identified based on past meeting evaluations, membership input and current practice trends:
- Molecular testing, Personalized medicine, New and emerging diagnostic methodologies, Informatics/Digital pathology, Practice impact of consensus guidelines, Patient centered outcome practice, Laboratory management including quality control.
New this year is an “Innovative learning method” presentation category. New and novel educational methods that engage our attendees are encouraged and welcome. These can include active learning components, teaching strategies involving the audience in problem solving, and alternative learning endeavors.
The Scientific Program Committee encourages presentation proposals for:
- Cytology microscopic glass slide review workshops
- Cytology non-microscopic workshops (didactic lectures)
- Video microscopy tutorials (video microscope presentation)
- Panel luncheon seminars
- Roundtable discussions (small table discussion)
- Innovative learning method presentations: New!