2011 Meeting Highlights
- The ASC provides the MOST CME/CMLE/SAM Credits compared to other Cytopathology Annual Meetings. 43 sessions offer SAM credits!
- Extensive Basic Registration Package: 25.5 CME/CMLE Credits for attending Scientific Sessions, Poster and Platform Presentations; also includes 2 continental breakfasts, 5 refreshment breaks, and 2 Networking Receptions
- Leopold Koss Lectureship - Rebecca Alban Hoffberger, Founder of the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore takes us on a whirlwind tour of the key ingredients common to genius and creative invention within all human endeavor – be it science, art, humor, engineering, medicine, music, cooking, etc…
- Guest Speaker – Edward McCarthy, MD offers a refreshing glimpse into how creating art can shape our practices in a presentation entitled “Art and Medicine.”
- State of the Art Symposium - Moderated by P.E. Wakely, Jr., MD, this session will be devoted to Malignant Lymphoma, its cytopathology, updated WHO classification, advances in ancillary diagnostic tools, and applicability of these to clinical management.
- Innovations & Trends in Medicine - David B. Kaminsky, MD, FIAC, moderates this session to advocate cytopathologists as interventionalists in image-guided aspiration biopsies to create a direct patient interface.
- Current Issues in Cytology - Moderated by George Birdsong, MD and M. Sue Zaleski, MA, SCT(ASCP), Co-Chairs of the Future of Cytology Task Force, …this session features examples of laboratories and a training program that have re-engineered and retooled their resources and curriculum, expanding roles and responsibilities and creating new opportunities for cytotechnologists.
- Diagnostic Cytology Seminar – Eva Wojcik, MD will moderate this fun and popular session – Who Will Get the Diagnosis Right?
- Challenges in Diagnostic Cytomorphology (formerly known as Special Course) – Moderated by Dina Mody, MD, this session will enhance your diagnostic expertise.
- Strategies in Cytology Education (formerly known as Program Faculty Seminar) – Benefit from a new format and a wide range of topics for educators, clinical practitioners, researchers, lab directors, administrators, and supervisors.
- “NEW” Lunch with the Professor – Enjoy intimate one-on-one interaction with a distinguished Professor.
- “NEW” Concession Lunch with Exhibitors offered on Sunday for attendees to purchase a box lunch and mingle with the vendors!
- Cytology Workshops – Expand your educational opportunities during 4 days of workshops this year!
- Scientific and Technical Exhibits - Industry leading exhibitors and targeted networking opportunities
- “Green” Handouts – Handouts will be available electronically to all registrants on the ASC Web site. On-site registrants will not have access to handouts.